TEMP Tablespace

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:31:04 -0800

Oracle V7.3.4.3 on Solaris V2.6

The volume of data I'm required to support has just increased significantly. I've been force to increase the size of TEMP to around 16GB to support index creation on a new LARGE table. TEMP is/was configured as -

SQL> select * from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name = 'TEMP';

TABLESPACE_NAME                INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT MIN_EXTENTS MAX_EXTENTS PCT_INCREASE STATUS    CONTENTS
TEMP                                  1048576     2097152           1         505            1 ONLINE    PERMANENT

Now I'm getting errors involving hitting the 505 MAXEXTENT limit. I know I can increase this limit, but I suspect that the values INITIAL & NEXT should also be increased.

What values do you have for TEMP where it is sized in the 10 - 40 GB range.

--
Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct