RE: Inserting an ampersand (&)

From: Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:38:05 -0500

You can use SQL*Plus, if you are running it as a client from windows:

SQL> select ascii('=B5') from dual;

ASCII('=B5')

       181

SQL> select chr(181) from dual;

CHR

---

=B5
Or, again from windows, you can bring up the character map tool, choose = a font like Courier, and find the character you are looking for. The hex ascii code is displayed for the character when you click on it. = Convert to decimal, and there you are! Diana -----Original Message----- From: Maser, Donna (SEA) [mailto:DonnaMaser_at_chiroscience.com] Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 3:51 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Inserting an ampersand (&) I have used the chr() function for some things, now I need to insert =
=B5 -
the greek letter mu. Anyone know a quick and easy way to find the ASCII value so I can use = the chr() function to insert this character into the database?