Re: Sybase for Oracleist

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:42:05 -0800 (PST)

Sybase docs are at sybooks.sybase.com

Don't know about any docs that compare the 2 in any meaningful manner.

Be prepared to change your terminology when dealing with Sybase and SQL-Server.

Sybase Rep Server is a great product.

I can't see any good technical reason for using Sybase over Oracle though.

Oracle is more powerful, and easier to use. PL/SQL is much more powerful than T-SQL.

Plus, you don't realize how good a query tool we have in SQLPLUS until you've used the Sybase counterpart. ( isql )

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 10:42:05 CST