Cooked vs Raw devices

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:09:23 -0500

List,
At my last interview I was asked about "cooked" and "raw" devices for the = storage and the advantages/dis-advantages of each. AS a DBA should I be = concerned about the type of storage the os has? Needless to say I didn't = get the job offer.... Could anyone direct me to the answers to the = questions or explain it in layperson terms. Thanks.
ROR m=AA=BF=AAm Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 08:09:23 CST