Re: Bitmap Indexes & PCTFREE?

From: Gillian M <zmkj04_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:09:05 -0800 (PST)

PCTFREE is still used by Oracle for the Bitmap Indexes. Used only during creation of the index to reserve space for the index entries, that may need to be inserted into the same index block.

G!
--- Thomas Jeff <ThomasJe_at_tce.com> wrote: > Is PCTFREE still used with respect to bitmap
> indexes? Oracle still
> accepts
> PCTFREE when building the bitmap index but I'm
> unsure as to whether it's
> actually
> used, or just accepted as a formality.
>
> Jeff T
> thomasje_at_tce.com
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Thomas Jeff
> INET: ThomasJe_at_tce.com
>
> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Get organized for the holidays! Received on Wed Nov 15 2000 - 12:09:05 CST