Re: Help!Help!!Help!!!

From: Tina Ridgley <tlridgley_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:39:11 -0800 (PST)

If it is a unix shell script generating the .sql file and you do not want the .sql file to contain upper case characters, you could use the unix 'tr' command to transform the upper case characters in the script to lower case characters. (Assuming this is the problem you are trying to solve, run 'man tr' at the unix prompt for the syntax )

TLR
--- Raj Gopalan <raj.gopalan_at_netdecisions.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a script for Hot backup. This script
> generates a .sql file, which
> will be eventually executed to take a hot backup.
>
> The problem is that, in one of the server the .sql
> file generated has all
> the statements in capital letters. This is causing
> an issue when it tries to
> execute the unix cp comment.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> TIA
> Raj
> --
> Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
> http://www.orafaq.com
> --
> Author: Raj Gopalan
> INET: raj.gopalan_at_netdecisions.co.uk
>
> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California -- Public Internet

> E-Mail message
> to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of
> 'ListGuru') and in
> ORACLE-L
> from). You may
> (like subscribing).

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Get organized for the holidays! Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 16:39:11 CST