Re: oracle on linux ?? newbie

From: Peter J. Schoenster <peter_at_schoenster.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:57:15 -0700

On 8 Nov 2000, at 8:45, Bhatia, Mandeep (CAP, CEF) wrote:

> What do I need to do to put oracle on linux.
> Can I put it on linux we get ordinarily or I have to purchase special type
> of linux meaning with addition features for oracle.
> also how much will oracle on linux cost ?

I don't know about pricing. I bought cd's for linux from oracle but I'm nearly positive these are just for my own learning experience ... not business. I got about 8-10 cd's for under US$50.00.

As far as the install ... I followed the instructions here:

http://philip.greenspun.com/doc/install-guide/oracle.html

Did not work as easy as 123 but nearly so.

Peter

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away". Received on Wed Nov 08 2000 - 13:57:15 CST