Re: Extent detection solution

From: Jay Hostetter <jhostetter_at_decommunications.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 14:56:30 -0500

Mala,

  If you are using 8i, I would suggest ALTER TABLE MOVE and ALTER INDEX = REBUILD. That way you don't have to worry about grants, triggers, etc. = Whenever I do this, I create new tablespaces for the objects. If your = current tablespaces have nice naming conventions, then you can move/rebuild=  the objects back from the new tablespaces to the original tablespaces = (after doing a coalesce of the original tablespaces). I also prefer to = use ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'filename' RESIZE 1M, rather than adding = datafiles. I do not put my datafiles in autoextend mode, because that = just delays the problem. I prefer to leave some free space in my = tablespaces, then monitor growth of the objects.

Jay Hostetter
Oracle DBA
D. & E. Communications
Ephrata, PA USA

>>> "mala singh" <mala_singhm_at_hotmail.com> 11/03/00 01:30PM >>>
Hi DBAS
I found some of objects has problem with next extents detection by = using=20
following query.

sql> select segment_name,a.segment_type,a.tablespace_name ,a.next_extent
from dba_segments a where a.next_extent > (select max(b.bytes) from dba_free_space b
where a.tablespace_name=3Db.tablespace_name group by b.tablespace_name);

Some of object has problem.
How to solve this problem.
solution path :
1)Export/drop/recreate object with larger initial setting and import = objects

2)If the tablespace is full then add datafiles to the TS. But in existing database data files are autoextensible mode. what will be best solution.please suggest. Thnaks

Mala

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at=20 http://profiles.msn.com.

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: mala singh
  INET: mala_singhm_at_hotmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 13:56:30 CST