Re: Get # of seconds between 2 dates

From: Veera Prasad <vprasad_at_olf.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:42:19 -0500

In Sybase there is function called DATEDIFF(datepart,date,date) which returns the amount of time between the second and first of two dates, converted to the specified date part, for example, months, days, hours.

In Oracle I don't see that kind date function. we have functions like add_months, months_between,last_day, next_day and new_time. This NEW_TIME returns the date and time in time zone z2 when date and time in time zone z1 are d. Here I go with an example :

select new_time(sysdate,'GMT','PST');

returns the date and time of Zone PST.

Veera