Buffer cache Hit - Perf overview

From: <s.aswani_at_iname.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:55:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,
I was used to near 99% Hit on 7.3, managed 98% 0n 8.1.5 But can't seem to get above 90% Buffer cache hit on 8.1.6. 8i. Has anyone managed to get near or above 95%. I have looked all the latest stats they look ok. We are using solaris 2.7, 8.1.6 and have min OEM2.1 client on it as repository is on my console NT. There is plenty of spare CPU to grab (spare is grabbed by lsnrctl until needed by others), normal IO. I have a good configuration of init paras 8k block, optimized share pool, sort area, log-buffer ..... My appl server (Cold Fusion or Web Logic) and Apache web server are on diff node, just passing on the requests to th DB on diff node. I am baffled that I have tried all the tricks of the DBA trade I have learned and used several years as a DBA. I have begun to suspect that it may be OEM load. I have used expert from it and seems happy with my config yet 90% Buffer Hits !! OR could it be that I am using new version of b/estats (can't remember the name) or monitoring it remotely where network is bit slugish. Response from my website I have configured (creativebase.com) is good from the outside world but as a DBA I am not happy for the DB. Anybody using the similar config ? Results ? Comments appreciated. Thanks,
Sunder Aswani (Oracle DBA)

Get free personalized email at http://www.iname.com Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 05:55:11 CDT