RE: Unix Problem !!

From: Brian D. Silverio <bsilverio_at_necc.mass.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:15:05 -0400

Tar the directory that contains the files and then ftp the tar ball.

If the files are in /foo/bar/me/stuff
cd to /foo/bar/me and then
tar cvf my.tar.ball stuff
This should take care of all the files.

Then ftp my.tar.ball (you may want to compress it first) On the other system cd to /my/new/directory and uncompress the file and then
tar cft my.tar.ball
If your version of tar supports compression you can include the compress/uncompress in the tar commands.

Brian