RE: high parse/execute ratio

From: Kieran Murray <kieran.murray_at_norkom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:47:49 +0100

Tony,

you don't seem to have any limiting condition in your WHERE clause so this statement is probably doing at least one full table scan. If you're executing it over 500000 times then you should be passing some kind of variable into the statement (eg. member_id or login). That way your code will be recycled many times but should only be parsed once.

Regards,
Kieran