Manty tablepsaces in a small database

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've been caught in this small database project. My question is do you create many tablespaces to separate tables, indexes, the different repositories stored in the db,... For now, there is more trouble than any gain.

For example, this a dss system with fact and dimension tables. Usually the fact tables are huge and have their own tablespaces or each partition has its own tablespace. This time, I can put everything in 1 tablespace.
Also, since it's small, I do not have many independant mount points so what is the gain of using many tablepsaces ?

A bored dba
TIA

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE. Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 06:56:24 CDT