Question about raw and cooked devices.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:56:30 -0400

What is the basic difference between "cooked" and "raw" disks. I thought = that cooked were disks that contained dbf files for the data and could be = of various sizes. Raw disks were generally the whole disk as a location = for the dbf files. The raw devices were backed up as volumes and the = cooked were backed up as datafiles?
 Am I correct in my assumptions?

Also, please point me in the direction of some information about such = devices.
Thanks,
ROR =AA=BF=AA Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 12:56:30 CDT