direct-load insert

From: marakr <marakr_at_openlink.com.br>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:01 -0300 (GMT)

I read that using direct-load INSERT wouldn't create redo=  entries.
So, I've created two tables: temp1 and temp2. I've inserted some data into temp1 and altered temp2 to=  nologging.
Then, I've entered the command:
insert /*+ append */
  into temp2
select * from temp1;

I've checked the redo entries from the v$sesstat from this=  session before
and after the insertion into temp2 and I found difference in the=  number
of redo entries.
Doesn't the direct-load INSERT really create redo entries? Else, am I right when I say that insert operations create redo=  entries
for tables with nologging configuration? Received on Mon Oct 16 2000 - 12:01:38 CDT