RE: longitude, latitude

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_OBG.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:55:20 -0400

An easier way would be to use the spatial option. This allows you to do = distance queries, all locations within a specific area and many many = other location type queries.

>>> "David Shockey" <davidshockey_at_zdnetonebox.com> 10/11/00 03:55PM >>> I don't know a lot about lat/long either but I do know that if your points are great distances apart then you have to use more than simple trigonometr= y.
 (Hint: the world is not flat.) :)

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax, all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com=20

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: David Shockey
  INET: davidshockey_at_zdnetonebox.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L Received on Wed Oct 11 2000 - 14:55:20 CDT