NULL value

From: <awaisb_at_paktel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:37:45 +0500

Hi,
I have a logical question, any one who can make it clear.

	create table a (x number(2) unique);
	insert into a values (null);
	1 row created.
	insert into a values (null);
	1 row created.

Q:- I have a table 'A' have one field 'X' with unique constraint, so a unique index will be created for it. I inserted null into this field two times (or more then it).

If null is a value, Why these null stored into table which have unique constraint?
If null is not a VALUE then what it is?
Is there some special character for NULL? If null is not a value why we have operators for null?

Regards

Muhammad Awais
System Developer
Paktel Ltd. Pakistan
Mob. 0303 7757077
(92-51) 111-222-111-282 Received on Tue Oct 10 2000 - 03:37:45 CDT