RE: Oracle database consistency checks

From: Mohan, Ross <Ross.Mohan_at_PictureVision.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:59:07 -0400

I should mention, for completeness, that for block corruption *protection* (as opposed to post hoc detection), one can set block checksumming and logical block checking as well,

AND you can use DBMS_REPAIR ( another one of the built-ins i referred to earlier)
to perform a number of actions.

AND/OR Support can help you with special-purpose "salvage" scripts, both in Pro*C (or whatever it's called now) and SQL.

hth!

Author: Mohan, Ross
  INET: Ross.Mohan_at_PictureVision.com