RE: Oracle database consistency checks

From: Mohan, Ross <Ross.Mohan_at_PictureVision.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:38:52 -0400

  1. Does Oracle perform such checks/repairs automatically?
    || yes
  2. Are there any Oracle or third party tools to perform such checks?
    || don't know
  3. Do I need them? I've never had a "broken chain" or "corrupt page" on Oracle. Am I just lucky or is this an example of a superior architecture?
    || don't think you need 'em. I've been doing this for a few years, and
    haven't seen any myself.
  4. If such a problem would occur, what can I do except for a full restore?
    || look into the new built-ins for block dumping and repair. Mostly in
    8i....

hth.. Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 15:38:52 CDT