RE: RE: PeopleSoft - Oracle to Sql Server 7

From: Frank N. Pettinato <frankp_at_extremezone.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 20:11:30 -0700

Could not agree more Dick. Larry and the boys @ Oracle better price themselves more realistically or we can all learn should buy a good book on TSQL and NT/2000 ....

Frank Pettinato

-----Original Message-----

From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of dgoulet_at_vicr.com
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 10:03 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: Re:RE: PeopleSoft - Oracle to Sql Server 7

When I attended the PeopleSoft Upgrade class they had us running SQL Server7 as
the database server. We were dealing with DB's of less than 1GB. 4 days of class, 4 database crashes. I'd say this is not just shooting your self in the
foot, but using a 20MM in the process.

Now on a seperate note, I can unserstand the client wanting to make the change
for economic reasons. If Oracle, and specifically Larry, don't get their heads
back on straight their going to price themselves (and us right along with them)
out of the market. Especially in the small to medium shops.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Gogala; Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date:       10/9/00 7:51 AM

That is approximately like driving your car off a cliff to see what happens. This is not a
migration. This is shooting yourself in the foot. Migration goes the other way round.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Mon Oct 09 2000 - 22:11:30 CDT