Database Crashed Help Required

From: <Yerpude_at_btnl.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:24:43 +0530

Hi,

     I need urgent Help. Our Database has been crashed and we have lost all redologs and most of files of database. The database is in Archivelog mode and the good thing is that I have the controlfile with me. Now when I am trying to take the backup of controlfile via "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE" ; No files are being generated. The command 'ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO FILE' successfully generates the file, but I am unable to use this file to create the new controlfile.

In what conditions this command does not create any trace file

TIA Lalit Kumar Yerpude
Oracle DBA, Systems H.O.
Bharti TeleNet Limited
1, Malviya Nagar, Bhopal (M.P)
Phone : (O) 91-755-200251/2/3

              (R) 91-755-293329
Fax : 91-755-223223 Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:54:43 CDT