Re: Database Crashed Help Required

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 09:41:05 -0400

The "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE" create a ascii text file = that you can use to create a new database from incase of a failure. If you = want a working controlfile you have to use the "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP = CONTROLFILE TO ~path\filename" That will give you a binary copy of the = file. You can then rename it and place it in the location specified in the = INIT.ora.
ROR =AA=BF=AA
>>> Yerpude_at_btnl.com 10/02/00 03:00AM >>>
Hi,

     I need urgent Help. Our Database has been crashed and we have lost = all
redologs and most of files of database. The database is in Archivelog mode and the good thing is that I have the controlfile with me. Now when I am trying to take the backup of controlfile via "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE" ; No files are being generated. The command 'ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO FILE' successfully generates the file, but = I
am unable to use this file to create the new controlfile.

In what conditions this command does not create any trace file

TIA Lalit Kumar Yerpude
Oracle DBA, Systems H.O.
Bharti TeleNet Limited
1, Malviya Nagar, Bhopal (M.P)
Phone : (O) 91-755-200251/2/3

              (R) 91-755-293329
Fax : 91-755-223223

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: Yerpude_at_btnl.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 08:41:05 CDT