Re: Tiny datafile

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:00:55 GMT

Ron,

You don't have to go to the extreme of rebuilding the database.... you WILL have to rebuild the tablespace though. Joe is right, you could have just resized the original datafile, but it's too late now.

Export everything in that tablespace, drop the tablespace, recreate the tablespace with the datafiles you want in the size you want and import the data back in.

Then you can delete the tiny datafile.

Rachel

>From: "Joseph S. Testa" <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Re: Tiny datafile
>Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:40:53 -0800
>
>Ron, how come you didnt just resize the datafile before adding the new one?
>
>joe
>
>"Smith, Ron L." wrote:
>
> > I accidentally created a datafile at 2 blocks instead of 2G. I had to
>add
> > another datafile after that to expand the tablespace. I am using 7.3.6.
> Is
> > there any way to utilize or get rid of the datafile other than
>rebuilding
> > the database?
> >
> > Ron Smith
> > Database Administration
> > rlsmith_at_kmg.com
> >
> > --
> > Author: Smith, Ron L.
> > INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

>--
>Author: Joseph S. Testa
> INET: teci_at_oracle-dba.com

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 05:00:55 CDT