Graceful Switchover and Switchback with Standby Databases

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I am faced with a interesting project and want to try and find out if there was anyone that has taken on writing all of the scripts that are required for a Graceful Switchover and Switchback with standby databases. There is a white paper written by Larwrence To from the Center of Expertise at Oracle Support Services that talks about how to do this. Basically, what this does is make it so you don't have to do a resetlogs operation on your standby. This allows the switching back and forth between the two nodes without recreating a standby or productiond database after activating a Standby database. I have just started to take on of doing all of the scripting for this, and wanted to know if I am recreating something that might have already been done. Any assistance would be great, I'm using the non-managed standby and already have a script that will automatically send new archive files to the standby, just need the rest :)

http://metalink.oracle.com/cgi-bin/cr/getfile_cr.cgi?268500 Graceful Switchover and Switchback of Oracle Standby Databases

Thanks in advance!
Tom Tyson

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. Received on Tue Sep 19 2000 - 09:42:33 CDT