Re: Graceful Switchover and Switchback with Standby Databases

From: Michael Henderson <MHenders_at_tvnz.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:49:58 +1200

>>> tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com 09/20 3:45 >>>
Hello!

I am faced with a interesting project and want to try and find out if = there was
anyone that has taken on writing all of the scripts that are required for = a
Graceful Switchover and Switchback with standby databases. There is a = white
paper written by Larwrence To from the Center of Expertise at Oracle = Support
Services that talks about how to do this. Basically, what this does is = make it
so you don't have to do a resetlogs operation on your standby. This = allows the
switching back and forth between the two nodes without recreating a = standby or
productiond database after activating a Standby database. I have just = started
to take on of doing all of the scripting for this, and wanted to know if I = am
recreating something that might have already been done. Any assistance = would
be great, I'm using the non-managed standby and already have a script that = will
automatically send new archive files to the standby, just need the rest :)

http://metalink.oracle.com/cgi-bin/cr/getfile_cr.cgi?268500=20 Graceful Switchover and Switchback of Oracle Standby Databases

Thanks in advance!
Tom Tyson

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/=20
--=20
Author: Tom Tyson
  INET: tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 19 2000 - 15:49:58 CDT