If You Had Data Like We've Got Data ...

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:08:56 -0700

The size of the event data from various physics experiments will be measured in petabytes. We currently have one database, no its not in Oracle, well above 150 terabytes. The data needs to accessed by collaborators around the world. There is a study being done by the Particle Physics Data Group on using the computer grid concept to do so. They want to use LDAP; i.e., Oracle Internet Directory, to control access. This would be a directory of million distinguished names. Does anyone know if OID will scale this large. Any machine recommendations?

Thanks

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 20:08:56 CDT