rdbms.output error

From: Shane <orac_mail_at_shane.economicsamerica.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 05:20:09 -0500 (CDT)

I want to use rdbms.output in sqlplus, but when I try to issue that command I get a message like "unknown command...rest of line ignored" (ie, error SP2-0734).

Can I just issue that command on the sqlplus command line at any time? How do I make sure it is installed? If I need to install it, where can I get it? I know this is simple, but I have done a lot of searching, and I'm still pretty much in the dark as to how to approach this. (I'm on a Solaris 8 machine with Oracle 8i.)

Thanks. Received on Sat Sep 09 2000 - 05:20:09 CDT