Re: rdbms.output error

From: ah <saerdnah_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:12:45 +0200

Hi Shane,

if you meant the DBMS_OUTPUT package, you can invoke its procedure PUT_LINE
from SQL*PLUS (if you have installed PL/SQL) by entering

exec is a SQL*PLUS "macro", above, it builds the following anonymous PL/SQL block (which you could enter also in SQL*PLUS):

You can't execute a procedure directly from SQL*PLUS, you'll have to use PL/SQL. Hope this helps

    Andreas

Shane wrote:

> I want to use rdbms.output in sqlplus, but when I try to issue that
> command I get a message like "unknown command...rest of line ignored" (ie,
> error SP2-0734).
>
> Can I just issue that command on the sqlplus command line at any time?
> How do I make sure it is installed? If I need to install it, where can I
> get it? I know this is simple, but I have done a lot of searching, and
> I'm still pretty much in the dark as to how to approach this. (I'm on a
> Solaris 8 machine with Oracle 8i.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Author: Shane
> INET: orac_mail_at_shane.economicsamerica.org

Do You Yahoo!?
Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de Yahoo! Auktionen - gleich ausprobieren - http://auktionen.yahoo.de Received on Sat Sep 09 2000 - 18:12:45 CDT