Re: Database Crash...advice needed...

From: prashasta gujrati <gujrati_at_tubes.tatasteel.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:05:09 +0530

Anil, I checked out and it was commented out in init.ora.

Also what happened was that once with just fsck -p on the damaged hdisk9 we were able to bring up the database(init.ora lines were commented out) but then it was shutdown again without recovering the RBS and bringing it online. This was done because we decided not to use other DBFs lying on the hdisk9 as it could have failed again. Was this the mistake ? After restoring the contents of the hdisk9 from our offline backup onto another disk, we tried to bring up the database with rollback_segments commented out. Did not work...

The PITR which I referred to in my earlier mail has also not succeeded and now it looks like a days work lost completely.

Now I'm interested in knowing the mistake we made and it'll help if you all can throw in some ideas.