RE: Indexing snapshots

From: james ellis <jellis24_gso_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:43:58 -0700 (PDT)

In my previous shop we did index our snapshots. You will take a performance hit on them if done but if there is a business need then I suggest doing it. You should not need to create an unique index on them though since the rowid is already indexed. The data should be already unique based on the master table. I would just create the index but not unique. If you ever have to rebuild the snapshot you will need to drop the indexes first.

Do You Yahoo!? Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 09:43:58 CDT