Backup & Recovery Scenario..

From: Slamet Fusianto <yangken_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:56:34 +0700

Dear lister,

This is my second mail today. Right now I am doing backup & recovery testing. Suppose I have database condition like this:

1. Full backup of database (cold backup) and copy to tape
2. Create table A and insert records
3. Create table B and insert records
4. Hot backup of database
5. Drop table A

And after the 5th condition, I do the backup & recovery testing with several scenarios. So, recovery will be taken from condition no 4. What I want to know is can we recover from the 1st condition again ? If yes, can I just
1. shutdown the database
2. copy the datafiles, controlfile, initfile, password file from tape to the original location
3. startup the database again ?

I am using Windows NT 4.0 and Oracle 8.0.5. Forgive me for my 'beginner' question. Thank you.

Regards, Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 03:56:34 CDT