Backup also ?

From: Slamet Fusianto <yangken_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:55:28 +0700

Dear lister,

We are using Oracle v8.0.5 and Windows NT 4.0. The database is 24x7. In the Oracle documentation (Backu & Recovery Guide) it is said that 'we should backup controlfile after making a structural modification'. 1. We are using hot backup and only backup all the datafile. The question: is it necessary to backup also controlfile each time we do hot backup ? And init file and parameter file ? If I see the documentation, and paper, only dafafiles is 'backup'-ed when doing hot backup.

Thank you for the answer.

Regards,

Slamet Fusianto Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 03:55:28 CDT