(no subject)

From: Richard Ji <richard_at_letsplay.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:17:33 -0400

Hi listees,

I am implementing stored procedures in Java and found out it is rather cumbersome in some situations to get something done easily. For example, I want to call a stored procedure from a Java program and the stored procedure suppose to return me a set of rows. If I would done it in PL/SQL, I can return a REF CURSOR which will get translated into a ResultSet by JDBC driver. Now you would think it will be easier to do the stored procedure in Java. You know, Java program calling Java Stored Procedure. But I can't have my Java Stored Procedure simply return a ResultSet because there will be no matching type when I write a call spec for it. I have to make a VARRAY instead and pass out like that.

What's your opnion on that? I would love to hear it.

Richard Ji Received on Mon Aug 28 2000 - 16:17:33 CDT