Re: ORA-01552 : (

From: Eric Lansu <eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:31:30 +0200

You what?????

Transferred from Solaris to Linux? It's a test-account I hope, or else get your pay-check and run....

No, now seriously, why transfer from Solaris to Linux? Oracle on an INTEL-platform is always trouble to me. Even Solaris-Intel is not my first choice, though it's better than Linux.
The problem with Linux is the stability and the availability of patches. If there's a problem in Solaris <-> Oracle interaction, a whole team of tech's starts working on it. For Linux you never know. Configuring an X-client on Solaris (Intel) is 5 minutes work. There are some Linux-geeks here who have been working on it for 3 day's on Linux and even now they don't get the resolution I need for the Oracle-installer!

I'm not trying to start a UNIX-Linux war here, but I'm very curious why you choose Linux over Solaris. Convince me please!

Eric Lansu