RE: Web..Java..Oracle..PDF

From: Oracle General <OracleGeneral_at_mwd.dst.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:12:35 -0700

Here's another approach which you may or may not have considered.

Oracle Reports generates PDF.

So the steps would be:
1) A user enters data in a jhtml web form; 2) The server side Java VM takes the form fields and invokes an OracleReport which not only queries the Oracle DB for extra data, but formats it to your liking;

You can specify the destination format(DESFORMAT=PDF), destination type as mail and destination name can be the email address or a distribution list.

The Oracle Reports Server even has scheduling, load balancing etc. features which may come in handy. We have such a setup where reports are scheduled for month-end reporting and are mailed out to users.