RE: ORA - 1578 - ORACLE data block corrupted - URGENT!!!

From: Lyall Barbour <lbarbour_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:07:45 -0700

Oracle has a good white paper on Metalink. If you call Oracle Support they'll email it to you... Or at least they did that for me. It talks about recreating the object, in this case

CREATE TABLE bleah
SELECT *
FROM corrupted_table
WHERE rowid < rowid of corrupted block
AND rowid > rowid of corrupted block.

I don't recall how you get the rowid, but the note from Metalink will have it. BTW, the data in the corrupted block is lost. Even if you were in archive log mode, you can only roll forward until just before the corruption happened. The corruption is in the archive logs..... I think, not sure about that part.

HTH
Lyall Barbour