Oracle 8i using IIS

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 10:52:54 -0700

Hi All

Oracle 8i/IIS
Does anyone know of a way to lock down the TCP/IP ports that Oracle communicates over. We have an IIS Server that is outside our firewall and an Oracle 8i Server inside the firewall. We established an ODBC connection using Oracles's ODBC driver between the two IP's. We, also opened up ports 1521 and 1526 to negotiate over. However, once it negotiates, it appears to want to pass data over a random port. Is there a way to identify what ports it can and cannot use?

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 12:52:54 CDT