DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS vs. MONITORING CLAUSE

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:14:06 +0200

In my understanding the GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS() function relates only to tables with enabled MONITORING flag. All of my tables have this flag disabled but running the function above on my schema it takes about 1 hour to complete (with GATHER option) although there should be nothing to analyze ?!

Is there something wrong in my understanding ?

Thanks
Andreas Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 04:14:06 CDT