RE: Dropping Tablespaces - All Nighter

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 05:04:15 +1000

Hi Kirsten,

If by your point 3. you mean that there are indeed segments with large numbers of extents, then you should be aware that dropping such segments is known to take a very long time. Also, the damage done to the data dictionary by having had them there cannot be undone except by rebuilding the database. Have a look at the tip on "Planning Extents" on my web site for more information.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/