Re: Export - Compress

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:56:26 -0400

I think what he is talking about is the COMPRESS option of the Oracle EXP = module, not export file compression.

>>> "I.S. Manager" <ismgr_at_pctc.com> 07/31/00 12:08PM >>>
That would be very system-dependant. Compression is highly cpu-intensive. If you have the system to yourself, that won't be a bottleneck, but on a busy system, it could slow things down.
With compression off, you require more disk i/o. But if your disk controller has lots of buffering, this may not be a bottleneck. Basically, the answer is non-deterministic, and the only way to find out = is
to test in your environment.

At 07:16 AM 7/31/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Small question :
>
>Which is fastest, an export with Compress =3D Y or an export with =
Compress =3D N
>???

---
Dennis Taylor
---
The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!
---
--=20
Author: I.S. Manager
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com=20