Re: Archive Logs

From: Eric Lansu <eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:08:33 +0200

When backup starts, I perform a log-switch, and copy all archive log-files to a 'yesterday' directory.
After the HOT-backup is completed, I perform another log-switch, and backup all archive-logs to tape as well.
Next day the 'yesterday' directory is cleaned, and the process starts again. The archive log-directory is on a seperate disk on a little-used controller. This way I'm independent of disk-storage from other applications. The database really stops on archive-disk full!

Eric Lansu