Re: Archive Logs

From: bharanidharan <t.bharanidharan_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:36:13 +0530

hi,

   These archive log files are useful to recover the data inbetween a cold or a hot backup. i.e. data lost inbetween backups and if it is not stored anywhere. also if u r regularly taking any one of these backup then there is no need for the prevoius archive logs. Archvie logs file destination should not be full, b'cos ur entire database hangs since it cannot write into it.
rgds
bharanidharan