Oracle 8.1.5 on mainframe

From: Chan, Millie <mchan_at_surfside.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:55:34 -0400

Hello there,
I am new to Oracle and am working on installing Oracle 8.1.5 on mainframe OS/390 2.5, I got message "commit point reached - logical record count 84" on job ORPIJI00, can anyone tell me what "commit point reached" means, will it do the commit with this message? My ORPIJJ00 has "Error opening /DD/SQLLOGIN: bad ddname(wrong length/bad char). My ORPIJK00 job has BOOTSTRAP error in building MD3. I have open an tar with Oracle. Has anyone encounter the same problems with the install? Thank you.

Millie Chan
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Administrative Computing Services
65 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08554
Tel: (732)445-5433
EMAIL: mchan_at_acs.rutgers.edu Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 10:55:34 CDT