RE: Oracle 8.1.5 on mainframe

From: Chan, Millie <mchan_at_surfside.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:08:32 -0400

Hi Bill,
Thank you so much for your explanation, I asked one of our DBA and Oracle mainframe support, none of them gave me an answer as to what the "commit point reached" means. Oracle support told me to ignore messages from several of my jobs without giving a reason.

Will you or anyone on the list know why the following message showed up on my Oracle IVP job:
SQL*Loader-704:Internal error:ulconnect:OCISessionBegin 0 ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Thank you so much. It will be great if anyone can point me to the message manual where all these messages are located.

Millie Chan
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey Administrative Computing Services
65 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08554
Tel: (732)445-5433
EMAIL: mchan_at_acs.rutgers.edu Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 07:08:32 CDT