RE: Adding redo log member

From: Rolle, Francis <FRolle_at_oaklandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:11:53 -0700

Yes you can add new redo log groups and members while users are accessing the database. Be sure to make new redo log members the same size as your existing ones. If however, you want to change the size of your redo logs....then create a new redo log groups with the increase size then issue the alter database switch log command several time to change to the new redo log groups and then remove the old ones.

Francis

		Author: Ashish Shah
		  INET: ar_shah_at_yahoo.com

		Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
		San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

		(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).
You may
		also send the HELP command for other information (like