Is this a performance issue?

From: Channa, Santhosh, SITS <schanna_at_att.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:23:53 -0400

Gurus,

 I'm wondering if it's a performance issue if i select all the columns from  a table even if you don't require.

 Let say I have a table which has about 50 columns in it and i need to get  values for only 5-10 columns. So, instead of selecting only these columns  I select *.

 Any idea if that screws up my performance?

 Santhosh Babu Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 09:23:53 CDT