RE: batch interactive import

From: <ddorr.cs_at_clearstream.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:42:14 +0200

Shouldn't be so difficult :

run an interactive import and note the answers you provide, put them in a file,
add the names of the tables you want to import, one per line, end the file with a .

pipe this file to imp.

That is, on unix :

mknod pipe p
zcat expfile.dmp.Z > pipe &
cat parfile | imp

with parfile containing the following lines ( in my case - Oracle 7.3.4 ) :

system/manager
pipe
4096
no