Doubts on Sizing (fwd)

From: H. KARTHIKEYAN <h.karthikeyan_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:42:44 +0530 (IST)

Hi Jared

This is a pers. mail.
This is karthik. Im looking after 3 databases in my office. I have a doubt in sizing.

  1. How do u size Rollback segs & Temp segs
  2. How do u calculate Pctused,pctfree for a table and for a tablespace.
  3. How do u calculate SGA size for a given database size xG.
  4. How do u determine Hardware config (say im planning to put oracle and will be creating around 5 database of size 10G each)
  5. How do u calculate the bandwidth for transferring say 10k of data with a frequency of 1sec through a dblink.

Is there any math behind all the calculation?. Or is there any rule of thumb?.
Or is there any white papers or work arounds for these calculation

I need ur guidance/help on these issues.

Thanks
Karthik

H.Karthikeyan
Tata Infotech Ltd.,
System Integration Division,
80 Feet Road, Indira Nagar, Bangalore.
Ph: (80) 528 4681 (off) Ext: 423
E-mail: h.karthikeyan_at_tatainfotech.com