Re: Changing Password

From: Sultan <ssyed_at_fine.co.ae>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:43:40 +0400

Hai Gurus,

Yes,there is a way to change your password. Use this command.
ALTER USER USERNAME(SYSTEM OR OTHERNAME) IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD; I tell you another trick for changing this passwords Suppose You dont know the pariticular Users Password ,you want to go inside the User ,
What you should do

  1. Select username,Password from dba_users ;

2)Note down the particular User (the one you want to access) Password ,may be look like this '9FG90GAEWER' (Do not forget to notedown this password)

3)Then use ALTER USER USERNAME IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD(new password)

4) then connect user/newpassword

4)Play with this Users data

5)Before exit keep the password as before ALTER USER USERNAME IDENTIFIED BY VALUES '9FG90GAEWER'(the one you noted before)

Regards.
Sul