RE: RE: Re[2]: db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter

From: Sah Kohsuwan <skohsuwan_at_comforce.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:14:07 -0400

Dick,
If you had set the DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT to be 800 then I would ASSUME that Oracle will reset that value to be max_io_size/db_block_size (maximum allowed).
I believe the disastrous results might be that since the db_file_multiblock_read_count is set to the maximum allow, the optimizer might choose to do a full-table-scan more than usual. Folks, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers,
- Sah